As a leader
- Ingrid Laubrock’s Anti-House
- The musicians in Anti-House are some of my favorite “voices” in the NY creative music scene. I feel blessed to know Mary Halvorson, Kris, Davis, John Hébert and Tom Rainey, both as musicians and as friends.
- Ingrid Laubrock Octet
- I chose the musicians of this octet when I was commissioned to write for the New Jazz Meeting 2011, a prestigious SWR radio production that has existed for over 40 years.
- Ingrid Laubrock's Ubatuba
- I always wanted to have a group with only wind and brass instruments and drums. This new quintet features Tim Berne (as), Ben Gerstein (tbne), Dan Peck (tuba) ,Tom Rainey (d)and myself. I write all the music.
- Ingrid Laubrock’s Sleepthief
- saxophonist Ingrid Laubrock is teaming up with acclaimed UK pianist Liam Noble and one of New York's finest drummers, Tom Rainey for an exciting brand of new improvised music
- Paradoxical Frog
- This exciting trio sees Drummer Tyshawn Sorey, pianist Kris Davis and reedist Ingrid Laubrock, all extremely thoughtful and engaging composer-improvisers, join forces
- Veryan Weston has been a great influence when I first wanted to get more into improvised music. The two of us first got together to play Steve Lacy tunes. Hannah Marshall had already been playing with Veryan and he suggested we expand to a trio.
- LARK (Alessi/Davis/Laubrock/Rainey)
- This is another improvising outfit we put together as a result of a session in my rehearsal room in Brooklyn. Our self-titled CD "LARK" will be released on Skirl in October 2013
- Ingrid Laubrock/Tom Rainey Duo
- Tom and I have been playing together in many different projects. We have recorded our duo CD 'And Other Desert Towns' which now available here
As a sidewoman
- Kris Davis' Capricorn Climber
- Kris Davis is a very important musical friend for me – here she put together a quintet, which will record her compositions for the Portuguese label Cleanfeed in March 2012.
- Mary Halvorson Septet
- Mary Halvorson is one of my most important musical allies in NY and I feel honored to have been asked to play in this new band, which will record in September 2012.
- Tom Rainey Trio
- I am proud to be part of Tom Rainey’s first ever group as a leader and to have been on the first CD ever released under his own name. (Pool School/Cleanfed). The follow-up, Camino Cielo Echo was released on Intakt in 2012.
- Mike Reed’s Living By Lanterns
- Living By Lanterns is a Chicago based project with invited guest musicians from NY that plays Mike Reed’s and Jason Adasiewicz arrangements of rare Sun Ra tunes.
- Luc Ex’ Assemblée
- Luc Ex’ new group Assemblée consists of Ab Baars on tenor saxophone, clarinet and Shakuhachi, Luc Ex on bass, Hamid Drake on drums and myself on tenor saxophone.
- Anthony Braxton's Falling River Music Quartet
- Anthony Braxton, Ingrid Laubrock (reeds), Mary Halvorson (guitar) and Taylor ho Bynum (brass)
- Nate Wooley's Battle Pieces
- Nate Wooley's new group with Nate Wooley (tpt), Matt Moran (vibraphone),Sylvie Courvoisier, Ingrid Laubrock (tenor saxophone)
- Perch, Hen Brock & Rain
- A collaboration between Ig Henneman (viola), Ab Baars (ts,cl,shakuhachi), Tom Rainey (d) and myself (ts,ss).