I am so happy to announce that my album of orchestral works with improvising soloists will be released on Intakt Records in November 2018. It was an incredible undertaking and the fulfillment of a dream I had been having for a long time. We recorded two pieces, Contemporary Chaos Practices and Vogelfrei, which feature an amazing cast of musicians and singers, as well as soloists Mary Halvorson, Kris Davis, Nate Wooley and myself. Josh Sinton provides extra texture with his amplified contrabass clarinet set-up on one Vogelfrei. The role of conductors is shared by Eric Wubbels and Taylor Ho Bynum, both within the same pieces and the music was recorded and mixed by the great Ron Saint-Germain.
News and events
Wednesday 01, August 2018
Ingrid Laubrock/Tom Rainey upcoming release "Utter" and Soundtrips NRW
Tom Rainey and I have recorded a new duo record called 'Utter' which is soon to be released on Relative Pitch Records. The music is a mix of improviations and (for the most) part co-written compositions. The official release date is September 3, a day before we embark on Soundtrips NRW #40. Soundtrips NRW is a series of concerts in cities all over North-Rhine Westphalia, curated by local musicians who play with us the second set of every night. A full list of the dates/musicians is below.
For more info, mp3s and to buy 'Utter' click here
Ingrid Laubrock (ss/ts), Tom Rainey (d) + guests every second set, for full details visit Soundtrips NRW
- 08/31 Lokal Harmonie, Duisburg-Ruhrort + Matthias Muche trombone, Philippe Micol saxophones
- 09/04 Kreuzung an St. Helena, Bonn + Erhard Hirt, guitar/electronics
- 09/05 Goethebunker, Essen-Rüttenscheidt + Carl Ludwig Hübsch, tuba
- 09/06 ORT, Wuppertal + Matthias Muche trombone, Stefan Schönegg bass
- 09/07 Atelier Dürrenfeld, Köln + Philip Zoubek piano, Nicola Hein guitar
- 09/08 Kunstmuseum, Bochum, + George Paul bass, Martin Blume drums
- 09/09 Blackbox im Cuba, Münster + Ursel Quint piano/electronics
- 09/10 Filmwerkstatt, Düsseldorf + Nicola Hein guitar, Salim Javaid saxophone
- 09/11 Bunker Ulmenwall, Bielefeld + John Hughes bass
- 09/13 Villa Post, Hagen, + Achim Tang double bass
Tuesday 12, June 2018
'Contemporary Chaos Practices' coming on Intakt Records in November 2018
Thursday 28, June 2018
Downbeat Annual Critics Poll 2018
Nice to have topped the 2018 Downbeat Annual Critics Poll for 'Rising Star-Tenor Saxophone' and to have a potrait written by Bill Milkowski.